Managers in the trade have the opportunity to take part in a free mental health training session. The courses outline how to identify different mental health issues, how to start those difficult conversations and tips on what to say and how to handle the meeting.
The training is designed to give managers in leased, tenanted and managed pubs, bars and breweries the confidence to have those difficult conversations with team members that may be suffering from mental health issues.
Feedback so far has been excellent and includes “Good to get more knowledge on a subject that is becoming a much larger part of my role.”
With a grant from the Worshipful Company of Innholders we have one session per month running in locations all around the UK. If you or one of your team would like to attend please complete our online enquiry form below.
Our upcoming sessions are:
- Tuesday 16th July – London
- Tuesday 6th August – Hertfordshire
- Tuesday 13th August – Nottingham
- Tuesday 20th August – Hertfordshire
- Tuesday 17th September – Southampton
- Tuesday 1st October – Norfolk
- Tuesday 15th October – Sheffield
- Tuesday 19th November – High Wycombe
- Tuesday 14th January (2020) – London
- Tuesday 11th February (2020) – Bath
- Tuesday 10th March (2020) – Edinburgh
- Tuesday 14th April (2020) – Stockport
- Tuesday 12th May (2020) – Faversham
Training sessions are delivered by Care First, whose team of qualified counsellors have specific knowledge of the nature of the drinks industry and what issues staff may face. Care First provides the charity’s free industry helpline which gives pub, bar and brewery people valuable assistance and support on a range of issues from money worries to housing, health and retraining, with the option of up to six free counselling sessions to help staff directly with mental health issues.
Anyone who would like to register their interest in this exciting new initiative, and attend one of the free mental health training events, should fill out the form below or contact Carolyn Jenkinson – email@example.com.