Read our most frequently asked questions (pdf)
We offer a wide range of support to people who do now or have in the past worked in the licensed drinks trade (such as pubs, bars breweries etc).
- Information and guidance through our website and helpline on topics such as: housing, money health, emotional wellbeing, employment support and education.
- Emotional support provided through our helpline by trained counsellors and up to 6 free telephone counselling sessions for those who need it *
- Relationship counselling
- Children and Young People counselling
- One off grants*. Those are grants, not loans, and can be awarded to help with:
- Utility bills
- Priority debts like rent and council tax arrears
- Rent in advance & deposits to secure new accommodation
- Removal costs
- White goods & furniture
- Decorating costs
- Funeral expenses
- Disability aids,
- Mobility scooters
- Short term hardship payments in exceptional circumstances. This short term help lasts typically between 3 and 12 months* and can be a great help for people who experience a change of circumstances to bridge a temporary gap in income.
- Residential or rehabilitation programmes can be awarded for an ongoing illness or post-operatively.
- Telephone befriending is a regular weekly or fortnightly telephone call to help combat loneliness, delivered by our one of our volunteers.
- Grants to support children’s education (Bursaries) are available to either partly or fully fund children attending our school LVS Ascot.*
- Education grants can be awarded to people from the trade for things like:
- School uniform and shoes
- School trips
- and other educational needs
- Nominations to secure Housing for people aged 55 and over. We can help single people and couples aged over 55 who have worked in the trade for 5 years or over to access affordable social housing with one of the largest retirement housing providers.
To find out more and apply call us on 0808 801 0550
* Who we can help
We are happy to help anyone on our website with information and help sheets.
If you have worked in the licensed drinks trade for 3 days or 30 years you are eligible for our emotional support and practical information from our helpline team. You are also welcome to take advantage of our children, young people and couples counselling services, as well as employment support and bespoke housing support delivered by housing professionals.
For financial support you, or an immediate family member (living in the same household) needs to be either currently, or have in the past, worked in the licensed drinks trade for a total of 5 years. This can be in one or more jobs. We can help people who have sufficient employment history in the trade, their partners or dependant children.
Call our free & confidential helpline on 0808 801 0550 and we’ll be able to listen to you and talk about how we could help.
If we can’t help you, we will do our best to give you the contact details of someone who can.