Our Services

Read our most frequently asked questions (pdf)

We are able to offer a wide range of support to people who do now or have in the past worked in the licensed drinks trade on a range of issues.  We offer:

  • Advice and guidance through our website and helpline on a wide range of topics.
  • Emotional support provided through our helpline by trained counsellors and 6 free telephone counselling sessions for those who would benefit from them. *
  • One off awards*.  Our financial grants can be awarded for things like:
    • Utility bills
    • Priority debts like rent and council tax arrears
    • Rent in advance & deposits to secure new accommodation
    • Removal costs
    • White goods & furniture
    • Decorating costs
    • Funeral expenses
    • Disability aids,
    • Wheelchairs
    • Mobility scooters
  • Short term hardship payments in exceptional circumstances for typically between 3 and 12 months *
  • Convalescence Breaks can be awarded for an ongoing illness or post-operatively.  Respite breaks can be provided for carers*
  • Telephone befriending is offered for a regular weekly or fortnightly telephone call, delivered by our one of our volunteers.
  • Grants to support children’s education (Bursaries) are available to either partly or fully fund children attending our school LVS Ascot.*
  • Education grants can be awarded to people from the trade for things like:
    • School uniform and shoes
    • School trips
    • Books
    • Laptops
    • and other educational needs
  • Nominations to Anchor Housing we are able to nominate single people and couples aged over 55 who have worked in the trade for 5 years or over for Anchor Housing.

For more information on Brexit, please see our information page here.

To find out more and apply call us on 0808 801 0550

* Who we can help

We are happy to help anyone on our website with advice and help sheets.

If you have worked in the licensed drinks trade for 3 days or 30 years you are eligible for our emotional support and practical advice from our helpline team.

For financial support you, or an immediate family member (living in the same household) needs to be either currently, or have in the past, worked in the licensed drinks trade for a total of 5 years continuously.  This can be in one or more jobs.

Call our helpline which is open 24/7 free of charge 0808 801 0550 and we’ll be able to listen to you and talk about how we could help.

If we can’t help you, we will do our best to give you the contact details of someone who can.

The LTC offers help to licensed trade people and their families with education and support to achieve personal goals and address personal issues.  We often refer to key industry organisations who can offer business support.