The Licensed Trade Charity continues to support licensed trade people during this exceptionally difficult time. Below we have collated links to useful updates and advice in relation to COVID-19 and links to organisations we work with who can offer support for issues you maybe facing: business, housing, mental health
Please continue to contact us as normal if you have any concerns. Our free helpline is open 24/7/365 on 0808 801 0550 for professional advice on any issues you may have, health, money or otherwise.
- World Health Organisation: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public
- Public Health England: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public
- National Health Service: www.nhs.uk/conditions/wuhan-novel-coronavirus
- Shelter – Read their specific COVID-19 Housing Advice https://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice/coronavirus
- Businesses need to make sure they understand their insurance polices and whether or not Covid-19 is covered. More details on this can be found on the Morning Advertiser’s website.
- Business support is available from the BII, including advice on business rates, licensing and insurance. BII website
- CPL have also opened up their portal to all licensed trade workers free of charge. These training modules can be found here.
- Search for job openings for licensed trade workers here.
- A self-employed individual or member of a partnership can claim the income support grant from the Government, according to the Morning Advertiser – more information on which can be found here.
- Peninsula Business Services, the largest Employment Law, HR & H&S Advisory company in the UK, have reached out to us to offer complementary Employment Law, HR & H&S support to those in the licensed trade. If anyone does wish to take advantage of the offer, then please call 07773 226173 and quote “LTC2020” when you call.
- The Government published advice about symptoms for the public can be found here.
- BBC film – how to wash your hands in 20 seconds. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/health-51754472/coronavirus-how-to-wash-your-hands-in-20-seconds
- NHS guidance in full: www.nhs.uk/conditions/wuhan-novel-coronavirus
Short term hardship grants* for those in extreme financial hardship are available to licensed trade people.
- Make sure you are claiming all and any benefits you are entitled to. Use our benefits calculator to help you. We would advise you to talk to your employer about what support they can offer. Call our helpline 0808 801 0550 and talk to us about how we could help, we can’t replace 100% of your lost income due to COVID-19 but we may be able to offer a little help. These links may also help with the benefits you may be entitled to:
Financial support* with rent or mortgage interest arrears and if you are at threat of losing your accommodation we can give practical help.
- Talk to your financial providers (mortgage company and credit providers) to find out what measures they have in place for people whose income is affected during these unusual circumstances
- Some mortgage lenders have already announced mortgage holiday up to 3 months
- Talk to your landlord about your situation, it is better to be proactive than reactive
- If your accommodation is tied to your pub speak to your employer first and you can also call our helpline
- We also partner with Shelter who can give specialist advice*
* Financial support can be available to people who have been in the trade for 5 years or more and is means tested.
The following support is available to anyone in the licensed trade irrespective of how long they have worked in the licensed trade:
Emotional support for any worries that you have about you and your family’s are experiencing in the current economic climate.
- Our 24/7/365 helpline team are there if you need on the spot support or someone to talk to
- We can also offer access to 6 free telephone counselling sessions
Practical advice provided by trained CAB specialists giving guidance on varied issues:
- Debt – which debts are a priority
- Housing – your rights
- Employment Law – your rights
- Relationship Breakups – how to deal with this practically
- Benefits – how to claim them and what you’re entitled to
- Benefits Calculator – what support you and your family might be entitled to from the state
Mental (or emotional) Well-being. We know you are people people and self-isolating won’t be easy or come naturally and could affect your mental well-being.
- Our helpline team are there for you to talk to 24/7/365 – 0808 801 0550
- Read our dedicated helpsheet on support for mental health during COVID-19 here.
- Click here for updated Government advice
- There are a number of organisations publishing some useful advice so here are a few links you might find helpful:
We know that the introduction of increased social distancing and self-isolation measures and the closure of pubs, bars and restaurants will hit our licensed trade sector hard.