Licensed Trade Charity support during COVID-19
Closure of pubs, bars and breweries during the COVID-19 crisis continues to impact the licensed trade sector. We know that many of you are juggling financial, emotional and practical pressures unlike any experienced before.
The Licensed Trade Charity remains open 24/7 to support you. Get in touch, we maybe able to help financially and we can definitely help with emotional support and practical advice.
Financial support for licensed trade people.
Short term hardship grants* for those in extreme financial hardship are available to licensed trade people.
- Make sure you are claiming all and any benefits you are entitled to. Use our benefits calculator to help you. We would advise you to talk to your employer about what support they can offer. Call our helpline 0808 801 0550 and talk to us about how we could help, we can’t replace 100% of your lost income due to COVID-19 but we may be able to offer a little help. These links may also help with the benefits you may be entitled to:
Financial support* with rent or mortgage interest arrears and if you are at threat of losing your accommodation we can give practical help.
- Talk to your financial providers (mortgage company and credit providers) to find out what measures they have in place for people whose income is affected during these unusual circumstances
- Some mortgage lenders have already announced mortgage holiday up to 3 months
- Talk to your landlord about your situation, it is better to be proactive than reactive
- If your accommodation is tied to your pub speak to your employer first and you can also call our helpline
- We also partner with Shelter who can give specialist advice*
* Financial support can be available to people who have been in the trade for 5 years or more and is means tested.
Practical advice & Emotional support for licensed trade people.
Practical advice provided by trained CAB specialists giving guidance on varied issues:
- Debt – which debts are a priority
- Housing – your rights
- Employment Law – your rights
- Relationship Breakups – how to deal with this practically
- Benefits – how to claim them and what you’re entitled to
- Benefits Calculator – what support you and your family might be entitled to from the state
Mental (or emotional) Well-being. We know you are people people and self-isolating won’t be easy or come naturally and could affect your mental well-being.
- Our helpline team are there for you to talk to 24/7/365 – 0808 801 0550
- We can also offer access to 6 free telephone counselling session
- Read our dedicated helpsheet on support for mental health during COVID-19 here.
- Click here for updated Government advice
- There are a number of organisations publishing some useful advice so here are a few links you might find helpful:
Practical advice and emotional support is available to anyone in the licensed trade irrespective of how long they have worked in the licensed trade.
Useful links giving updates and advice in relation to COVID-19
We have collated links to useful updates and advice in relation to COVID-19 and links to organisations we work with who can offer support for issues you maybe facing: business, housing, mental health
Please continue to contact us as normal if you have any concerns. Our free helpline is open 24/7/365 on 0808 801 0550 for professional advice on any issues you may have, health, money or otherwise.
- World Health Organisation: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public
- Public Health England: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public
- National Health Service: www.nhs.uk/conditions/wuhan-novel-coronavirus
- Shelter – Read their specific COVID-19 Housing Advice https://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice/coronavirus
- Businesses need to make sure they understand their insurance polices and whether or not Covid-19 is covered. More details on this can be found on the Morning Advertiser’s website.
- Business support is available from the BII, including advice on business rates, licensing and insurance. BII website
- CPL have also opened up their portal to all licensed trade workers free of charge. These training modules can be found here.
- Search for job openings for licensed trade workers here.
- A self-employed individual or member of a partnership can claim the income support grant from the Government, according to the Morning Advertiser – more information on which can be found here.
- Peninsula Business Services, the largest Employment Law, HR & H&S Advisory company in the UK, have reached out to us to offer complementary Employment Law, HR & H&S support to those in the licensed trade. If anyone does wish to take advantage of the offer, then please call 07773 226173 and quote “LTC2020” when you call.
- The Government published advice about symptoms for the public can be found here.
- BBC film – how to wash your hands in 20 seconds. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/health-51754472/coronavirus-how-to-wash-your-hands-in-20-seconds
- NHS guidance in full: www.nhs.uk/conditions/wuhan-novel-coronavirus
- For support with drug or alcohol problems contact Cocaine Anonymous – https://cocaineanonymous.org.uk/
- The Licensed Trade Charity is unable to offer support to veterans unless they have had a second career within the licensed trade. This link provides useful housing and financial advice to veterans – https://businesscostsaver.co.uk/guide-for-veterans/
- We’ve seen a rise in the number of grant applicants using online gambling to try to generate income to help them get through. GamCare can offer support if you think your gambling is no longer fun and safe https://www.gamcare.org.uk/