Based in Ascot, the Licensed Trade Charity was founded in 1794 by philanthropists in the licensed drinks trade, who set up a variety of operations, including a school; the daily newspaper The Publican’s Morning Advertiser and a charitable arm to look after people in crisis who had worked in the trade. The Licensed Trade Charity currently operates three schools.
As an Assistant Accountant, you will be working with the Financial Controller, to prepare the management accounts of schools and lettings business within the organisation. You will also be responsible for the day-to-day accounting of the SEN schools, currently two, being LVS Hassocks and LVS Oxford.
• On a daily basis, maintain LVS Hassocks and LVS Oxford cashbooks, update the receipt of fees and other miscellaneous items by cheque or direct payment into the relevant bank account, and update the relevant nominal ledgers.
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for both SEN schools
• Issue termly bills for both SEN Schools, liaising with local authorities and parents to collect payment
• Prepare monthly management accounts for both SEN schools. Assist the financial controller with the preparation of annual forecasts and budgets.
• Maintain the petty cashbooks for both SEN schools
• Provide monthly departmental accounts to the relevant operational teams within the Licensed Trade Charity.
• Near completion of AAT Level 4/actively studying towards ACCA/CIMA
• Customer focused and approachable
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
• Able to prepare clear, concise, accurate and timely reports
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages, and specifically Excel spreadsheets and databases
Experience of using WCBS/PASS accounting systems
Experience of working in a charity/third sector organisation or an independent school
Closing date for applications: Friday 9th August
Interviews to be held week commencing: Monday 12th August