Licensed Trade Charity work closely with Shelter and through this relationship we are able to support workers from the licensed trade who have more complex problems with housing, from preventing eviction to housing register applications.
A message from Shelter:
- Shelter exists to defend the right to a safe home and fight the devastating impact the housing emergency has on people and society. We believe that home is everything.
- Shelter Helpline Plus provide fast track advice and casework services to a specialist level.
- All our work is completed remotely using email, telephone and post.
- The team is made up of experienced Housing, Debt & Welfare Benefits advisers who are used to handling complex multi-issue cases.
Discrimination & Anti-Racism:
- At Shelter, we work within an environment of mutual respect and tolerance, where everyone is treated fairly and can feel safe and supported.
- Shelter will not tolerate any forms of unlawful discrimination including age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion or race.
- Shelter is an anti-racist organisation so any racist comments made by customers will not be tolerated and may result in Shelter closing the client’s case.
Please see Shelter’s website for more information https://england.shelter.org.uk/
If you are experiencing housing difficulties the Licensed Trade Charity can refer licensed drinks trade people to Shelter Helpline Plus so that a Shelter case worker can provide specialist support to guide you through the complexity of housing legislation.
The types of referral we, they can help with include:
- Making homeless applications.
- Reviewing negative homeless decision.
- Ensuring that the accommodation provided by the council is suitable.
- Providing advice on rehousing options
- Homelessness Prevention:
- Mortgage and rent arrears.
- Dealing with possession action.
- Illegal Eviction.
- Other situations where the client needs help to establish what their rights are to help the client avoid losing their home (such as succession).
- Improving Living Conditions:
- Allocation of local authority housing.
- Welfare Benefits:
- Provide information and advice on the benefits system.
- Practical assistance with claims.
- Help to complete a financial statement.
- Dealing with debts and creditors.
The Referral Process:
- Please complete the enquiry form below.
- An email is then added to Shelter’s case management system and acknowledgment sent to support worker
- Shelter will attempt contact with the you within 48 hours and will try to contact you 3 times over 2 weeks before the referral is rejected.