If you are disabled, or live with someone who has a disability, you may need to adapt your house or flat to make life at home easier, safer and more comfortable.

The following help sheet provides information on the kinds of adaptations you might want to consider. It also explains how to go about getting a ‘needs’ assessment, how to find people to undertake the necessary adaptation work and how to pay for the alterations.